CURRENT USA MINIMUM ADVERTISED PRICE (MAP) POLICY
Authorized distributors, qualifying retailers and authorized internet resellers must understand their obligations under Current USA’s MAP Policy and abide by them.
Authorized distributors agree to assist in the enforcement of Current USA’s MAP policy when requested. Further, distributor agrees to not sell to or accept returns from retailers who do not abide by the obligations outlined within Current USA’s MAP Policy or who Current USA determines unauthorized.
As the leading innovator in providing “What’s Next” in the aquatics industry, Current USA is proud of its role in pioneering solution-based lighting for aquarium hobbyists and professionals. We deeply value the efforts of our resellers who distribute Current USA products and provide support to our customers.
In order to protect the investment of our resellers and Current USA’s brand reputation, we have unilaterally instituted a policy of minimum advertised price standards for select Current USA products. This Minimum Advertised Pricing Policy (“MAP Policy”) has been updated as of April 1, 2016 and will apply to distributors and retailers, including catalog and internet retailers (collectively, “Resellers”) who resell Current USA products to end users located in the United States. This MAP Policy has been adopted for the benefit of all resellers and will be uniformly enforced.
USA MAP Policy and Guidelines:
By electing to resell Current-USA products, you are agreeing to become an authorized reseller of Current-USA products and following our MAP policy. Current-USA only transfers product warranty to authorized dealers. Resellers violating our MAP policy are unauthorized to sell our product, transfer our product warranty, or use any of our images, descriptions and any other intellectual property of Current-USA.
- Current USA maintains an updated price list indicating products for which this MAP Policy applies (“MAP Products”). Current USA reserves the right to update or modify this this at any time. Any products not specifically identified as MAP Products on the price list are not subject to any MAP Policy.
- This MAP Policy applies to all advertisements of Current USA MAP Products in any and all media including but not limited to flyers, posters, coupons, mailers, inserts, newspapers, magazines, catalogs, mail order catalogs, e-mail newsletters, e-mail solicitations, internet or similar electronic media, television, radio, and public signage. This MAP Policy does not apply to any in-store advertising.
- The inclusion in advertising of free, bundled or discounted products (whether made by Current USA or another manufacturer) with any of Current USA’s MAP Products shall be in violation of this Policy, unless Current-USA has approved such bundle.
- If pricing is displayed, any strike-through or other alteration of the MSRP that is paired with a discounted price below MAP is prohibited.
- Internet auctions may not display or have reserved bid or other acceptable prices below MAP. This includes Ebay, Inc.
- Pricing listed on an internet site is considered an “advertised price” and must adhere to this MAP Policy. Once the pricing is associated with an intent to purchase (added to shopping cart or order), the price becomes the selling price and is not bound by this MAP Policy. Statements such as “add to basket to see price”, “call for pricing” or similar phrases are acceptable as long as the price advertised or displayed for the products is not below MAP. In addition, discounts applied at checkout to the entire order based on a customer’s purchasing history with the reseller, such as discounts for “frequent shoppers,” do not violate this MAP Policy.
- Current USA’s sales representatives are NOT allowed to discuss this Policy or make any agreements with respect to Current USA’s MAP Policy or pricing.
- From time to time, Current USA may choose to offer special promotions on certain products. In such an event, we reserve the right to modify or suspend this MAP Policy in whole or in part by notifying all resellers of the duration and nature of the change. Current USA further reserves the right to adjust the MSRP with respect to all or certain products at its sole discretion. Such changes shall apply equally to all resellers.
- Resellers establish their own resale prices, however Current USA reserves the right to cancel all orders and indefinitely refuse to accept any new orders from any resellers that Current USA has verified is advertising a net retail sales price below our established MAP and/or have violated this Policy in any way.
- Distributors of Current USA products will supply a copy of this MAP Policy to any new or existing reseller for their records.
- All warranties are non-transferable to products sold to/by non-authorized dealers or second-hand (used). To sell or list an item as “New”, the product must carry our factory warranty and you must be an authorized dealer abiding by our MAP policy.
- In the event of a MAP violation, the reseller will notified directly within fifteen (15) days of Current-USA discovery and will have the following options:
- Correct the violation within fifteen (15) days of receiving notice.
- Dispute the violation notification within fifteen (15) days of receiving notice.
- Remove the product within fifteen (15) days of receiving notice.
If the reseller has not disputed, corrected, or removed the violation after the allotted (15) days, Current-USA may take the following actions against the reseller:
- Cancel any pending orders, restrict future orders or suspend the resellers or resellers distributor account.
- List the reseller on our website as a non-authorized reseller.
- File a DMCA takedown request with the resellers internet service provider (ISP) requesting all product images, model numbers, descriptions, and any other intellectual property of Current-USA be removed.
- Contact any third party website directly (such as Amazon or Ebay) and request the products be removed due to un-authorized reseller status, Copyright and IP infringement.
- Any available remedies at law.
Please contact us via our online support form with any questions regarding this policy. Updated as of 09/22/17.
MAP PRODUCT LISTING